Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

• Buggles
  • Thank you received: 14
A new lid just like the one picture below just came in the post.

I tried it on in the store, but they didn't have my size so they shipped (in case you're wondering if I bought a helmet sight unseen from the interwebs).

It's a really nice piece of kit, and comes with a lot of extra's:
- pinlock visor
- peak extender
- GoPro mounts (mount points on the helmet) for you YouTube heroes out there
- Helmet bag & visor bag (nice soft material)
- Additional foam pads to improve the fit of the helmet.

The helmet also has a slot on the side where you can install the manufacturers own bluetooth headset (made by Sena, so compatible with others).

I've only had it on for 10-15 minutes around the house, no chance to ride yet, but will put up some more experiences when I've had a chance to ride.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 2 weeks ago #2

• James
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 83
It looks very cool mate and the GoPro mount is a nice touch, what is it retailing at?

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 1 week ago #3

• Buggles
Ok,
I've had a short bimble with the new lid, and I have to admit it's very comfy, has a large field of vision (which is what I like about the offroad style helmets) and is quite light.

A few things I noticed:
It's a lot noisier than my previous Shoei Hornet DS (the first model) and my HJC IS17. This is probably due to the fact that the Shoei lining pressed on my ear, and here they've left room for an intercom system, so there's quite a bit of space around my ears. I suspect a lot of the noise is coming from the peak, which vibrates a lot at speeds exceeding 80 kmh.

Speaking of the peak, it doesn't catch nearly as much wind as the Shoei (but as said above, is quite a bit noisier). You can move your head without feeling like it's being ripped off by the wind. The peak comes off really quickly, but I forgot to bring the shields that keep the visor in place without the peak, so I couldn't try it.

The helmet vents like nothing I've ever had on my head, and on arriving home I noticed the top vents weren't even open. You can also take out the vent at the chin and replace it with a mesh guard that will vent even better (comes in the box with the helmet).

Overall, a quality piece of kit, while noisier than the Shoei or HJC (and I'll have to see how that will shake out on long trips) a lot more comfortable!

The helmet retails around the 350-360 euro mark, so not cheap by any stretch, but a lot cheaper than the Shoei/Arai/Schuberth options out there.

If you're in the market for a new "adventure style" helmet, give the Nexx a try!

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 1 week ago #4

• James
  • Administrator
You agree Buggels?

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 1 week ago #5

• Buggles
James wrote:
You agree Buggels?

That and their ADV helmet comparison are the reviews that turned me on to the helmet in the first place, so yes :-)

Good lid so far, the sun visor feels a little fragile but we'll have to see how that will turn out.

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 1 week ago #6

• lmg
  • Thank you received: 86
I got the Nexx on my FB page and I took a look. It looks pretty complete in terms of a helmet. I wish it was a flip though as I do like that function - hence me looking at a Schuberth E1 at present.

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 1 week ago #7

• James
  • Administrator

Looks nice!!

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 1 month 4 days ago #8

• Buggles
One quick update:

The helmet itself isn't that noisy, it's my bike... The KTM has a buffeting problem and it's worse with the Nexx compared to the Shoei or HJC I had before.

Once I stand up and am into clean air, the noisy goes down significantly.

Overall, happy with the helmet!

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 3 weeks 4 days ago #9

• Buggles
Another update, a mixed bag this time.

I took the peak off yesterday for a long stint of motorway, I wish I did that sooner, the difference is huge! The fact that the peak is so easily and quickly removed, makes it a no-brainer to switch between "Adventure" and "Full Face" mode when you hit a long stretch of motorway.

Unfortunately, while doing 130 kph, all of a sudden the chin curtain was blown out of the helmet. The curtain is removable, but I hadn't detached it, so it came out of its own accord.

I've reached out to the manufacturer to see if they'll send me a new one.

JB

Nexx XD1 Adventure Helmet 3 weeks 4 days ago #10

• James
  • Administrator
Oh! That is a bit of a fault! What holds it in normally? Clips, press studs, velcro?

130kph is not that fast and most people cruise at 80mph. I was giving this lid some serious consideration... the removable peak was a big factor. I hate getting my head snapped off on the motorway anytime you do a life saver.

Let us know what the come back is mate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds