Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Today I was at....

Today I was at.... 6 months 2 weeks ago #1

• James
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 84
Just a thread to post up where people have been today, I know sometimes you can't be arsed doing a long ride report so just slap up the picture and where it was :)

I wanted to revisit some old biker haunts and see how they are doing.

Hen and Chickens Pub in Maghull Liverpool.

On the way I picked up a cracking course offer from Merseyside Police - Speed Awareness at just £80... bargain :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Today I was at.... 6 months 2 weeks ago #2

• James
  • Administrator
Not to let that put me off and I'm rather looking forward to the course :) at £80 that's a bargain for a course. I'd of preferred the option but still :) I made my way down to an old haunt, the Hen and Chickens Pub in Maghull Liverpool. Seems it is closed now but there may still be meetings going on.
The sign was optimistic :)

I did have a walk around my old training school Almaxx that is still going :) just on the other side of the road before heading off to see if another old pub was still going.

Today I was at.... 6 months 2 weeks ago #3

• James
  • Administrator
Then off to the Scotch Piper Pub in Lydiate :) Still going strong and I was told that still have bike nights at the pub. This, despite the 20mph zone that leads for about 3 friggin miles to the pub.

Not a bad run out and looking forward to my course when the notice comes through.

So, where have you been today?

Today I was at.... 6 months 2 weeks ago #4

• James
  • Administrator
Seems that not long ago they had a fire at The Piper! Well, they have done a cracking job on Merseyside's oldest pub :)
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds